Hello blog viewers! My name is Shelby and I'm Courtney’s little sister. If you didn’t already know, Courtney is pregnant with her first child, Henley Reese. Since Courtney is normally the one throwing parties for our families it seemed a little wrong for her to be the one to throw her own baby shower…so that’s where I came in.
With any event, the first steps are selecting a date and venue. After selecting a date, May 9th, and deciding to do the shower at our childhood home - I moved on to the best part - event styling! Since Henley is going to be a girl, pink was a must and I picked gold to complement it. I found shower invitations on Shutterfly that incorporated the colors and picked out a “Bring a Book” insert on Etsy. “Bring a Book” is a new baby shower trend to build the baby’s library. Books can be new or old, but replace the traditional card. We were able to completely stock Henley's nursery with books and the personalized notes in each one ended up being Courtney's favorite part!
Once invitations were on their way, I tackled the decorations. After the event we let Courtney take most of the loot for Henley's nursery.
- Hot pink and light pink puffs
- Rustic looking “H” for Henley (similar item here)
- A gold/white/pink “so loved” painting
- Various chalkboards
- Gold polka dot placemats
- Photo props including this pink baby bottle
- It’s a girl napkins, large and small
- Fabric for homemade photobooth
- Hot pink and light pink fake flowers
- “You are my sunshine” pink wood block (similar item here)
- “I love you to the moon and back” picture
- Thank you lollipops (similar item here)
- Candy for party favors: skittles, orbit gum, sour patch kids
- Onesies to hang on twine with clothespins as a banner
- Pink pillow for rocking chair
- Shutters from my parents 80s bathroom that we spray painted pink
- Large Paddington Bear book that we used for the guestbook
Our event was from Noon to 3 pm so food was a must!
- Vanilla and chocolate cupcakes with super cute onesies on top as decorations
- We did a “Courtney’s Cravings” station with the ingredients to PB&J, cinnamon life cereal, spaghetti, watermelon sour patch, and chips & guacamole. (We gave Courtney all the leftovers after the event!)
- For lunch we had: shrimp cocktail, deviled eggs, croissants, cold cuts, cheeses, fruit salad, 7 layered dip, chips, crackers, chicken salad, + broccoli and apple salad
- Pink thumbprint cookies
Having pink drinks alcoholic & non was also a must!
- Simply Lemonade Raspberr
- Sweet Tea
- Barefoot Pink Moscato
- Shiner Beer (for the boys!)
It was a great day celebrating Henley Reese and the happy couple left with lots of baby swag!