Monday, August 15, 2016
- I *tried* to make a tiered cake using this pan. The pans worked pretty well, but I totally botched the icing - so I had HEB make this vanilla cake with rustic icing for $12. Not only did it look amazing, but it was yummy! I had no idea before this, but HEB's bakery will recreate whatever you'd like for cheap.
- I purchased a set of three peachy pink blooms and a strand of dusty blue leaves at Hobby Lobby. I waited until florals were 50% (approximately every other week) so it was ~$5.
- I ordered the "One" cake insert from Amazon here for $10.
- Once I got the cake from HEB, I snipped the ends of the blooms leaving about two inches to insert into the cake. I just went for it! It took a few tries to get the look I wanted.
- Even though this cost me nearly $30, I was quoted over a $100 from local bakeries for the same vision (inspiration here and here). I saved the toppers after the photoshoot and reused for her actual birthday.